Posted on 20 October 2010
- After surviving an expected shut-down a year ago, Realms of Fantasy, the fantasy magazine, is finally no more: a victim of the bad economy and (I would add) a radically changed media landscape.
- Really cool “fantasy” pumpkins (right)! (Plus, instructions on how to carve the “Death Star”.)
- I’m never as excited about “deleted scenes” as other people seem to be (they always seem to me to have been deleted for a reason!), but here’s one from Avatar.
- Glee is doing a Rocky Horror Picture Show-themed ep, and now the show’s creator, Ryan Murphy, might re-make the movie.
- Fifteen fantasy or sci-fi novels that publishers repeatedly rejected. Wow, a couple of my all-time favorites, including Left Hand of Darkness, Dune, and Octavia Butler’s first book.
- Oh, Lord, a movie based on the Ouija Board. That’s it, no story yet, just somehow “based on” the game. That’s like saying a movie “based on a handkerchief.”
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.