- Are you a man? Do you want to be evil? Here’s a list of 4 Evil Characters all men allegedly want to be, and I’m actually only including this list because of its mention of Ben Linus. Funny story: I was walking to my apartment in midtown Manhattan late one night, when who passes me on the street but Michael Emerson, the actor who plays Ben Linus. I guess he caught me gawking at him, because he glared angrily in my direction, causing me to almost wet myself. No amount of therapy will erase the day Ben Linus gave me the evil eye.
- This article has what is possibly the revamped version of the Ninja Turtles design. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not a fan. The turtles should be cute, not scary. Come on, dude. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Does that sound like it should be a dark, serious project to you?
- While we’re on the subject of creepy lizards, for those who were wondering if the new version of V will have a scary birth scene like the original series, the answer is … yes.
- Somehow, when I wasn’t looking, all of my friends started popping out babies, which means I’m now noticing toys aimed for young kids. Of course, after seeing this article about unintentionally, uh … objectionable … toys, I may just contribute to their college funds instead. (Just kidding, I’m way too cheap.) Warning: while hilarious, this list is most definitely NSFW. Like, at all.
- In honor of Kick-Ass, here’s a list of the 10 Nerdiest Superheroes! Does The Mask really count as a superhero?
- Here’s a few interviews from Comic Con about the upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Two things stick out: 1, Jackie Earle Haley seems like an incredibly nice guy, which just seems weird given his turns as Rorschach and now Freddy Kreuger, and 2, Thomas Dekker is absolutely right. That is annoying when dudes act way too tough and macho in supernatural horror movies. Good for you, T-Deks.
- Regular readers of TheTorchOnline.com know that if there’s one thing I hate more than anything in the world, it’s bugs. But what they may not know is that one species I’ve always absolutely loved is squirrels. Come on, they’re adorable! So little and twitchy, plus the ones in Central Park just come up to you and wait for you to feed them, making you feel like you’re in a Disney cartoon. But if it’s possible, I now love them even more after learning that in addition to being utterly cute, they’re also totally brave and heroic, defending their fallen brothers against disgusting carrion.
I know what you’re thinking … what does this have to do with a fantasy blog? Well, think of it as Mega-Squirrel versus Super Crows! If you’re curious what that sound is, it’s my Palantir-peer Ed Kennedy salivating.