Last week, with the news that the syndicated fantasy show Legend of the Seeker had apparently been canceled, fans decided to mount a campaign to raise money for an ad in the industry publication Variety, thanking the producers for the show, but also pleading for a third season.
In three days, the organization, SaveOurSeeker.com, raised $8000, which will be used for an ad that will probably appear next week, according to Laura Ventura, one of the organizers of the campaign.
They are no longer accepting contributions, but in an effort to communicate enthusiasm for the show, they’re encouraging fans to pre-order Season Two, download the next episode on iTunes, and write and Tweet various industry folks.
In a show of support, people involved with the series, including Bridget Regan, have retweeted news of the fan effort.
- Ad Chosen for “Save Our Seeker” LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Campaign, to Run Friday in VARIETY
- It’s Official: LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Has Been Canceled
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Fans to Buy a “Thank You/Please Reconsider” Ad in a Trade Publication
- Exclusive: LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Not Canceled, Exploring Options for a Third Season
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Fans Continue to Seek a Third Season for Their Show