TheTorchOnline.com confirmed the cancellation of the syndicated fantasy show Legend of the Seeker back in May, but that hasn’t stopped an intrepid group of fans who have organized at SaveOurSeeker.com to continue to advocate for another season for the series.
Since ABC/Disney, which produced the show, will not be producing a third season, these fans have concentrated on finding another producing entity to take it over. They’ve raised almost $25,000 to date, which they’ve used to place ads in Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and on a bus shelter in Burbank.
“I think it’s incredible what they’re doing,” says Mary D. Brooks, the webmaster of a number of Seeker-themed websites.
Such fan campaigns have been successful before with other syndicated shows: once Xena: Warrior Princess seemed doomed to cancellation, but fans rallied and ended up bringing it back for another season.
But to date, there has been no public movement toward the possibility of a third season for Seeker.
- Ad Chosen for “Save Our Seeker” LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Campaign, to Run Friday in VARIETY
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Canceled?
- Exclusive: LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Not Canceled, Exploring Options for a Third Season
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Fans to Buy a “Thank You/Please Reconsider” Ad in a Trade Publication
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Fans Raise $8000 for Ad in VARIETY