Liam McIntyre, who had long been rumored to be one of the leading contenders to replace the ailing Andy Whitfield as the lead in Starz’ Spartacus TV series, has been officially given the part.
Like Whitfield, who he vaguely resembles, McIntyre is an Australian and mostly unknown to American audiences. His most prominent credit may be a role in the TV mini-series The Pacific.
McIntyre has reportedly been in intense training for the role for weeks now, an indication that the decision was made some time ago, media reports to the contrary notwithstanding.
- Three Actors Vying for SPARTACUS Lead Will Battle to the Death in New Zealand Stadium
- SPARTACUS Star Andy Whitfield is Healthy and Ready to Return to Work
- SPARTACUS Producers to Replace Andy Whitfield
- Casting Complete for SPARTACUS: GODS OF THE ARENA
- Breaking: SPARTACUS Star Andy Whitfield’s Cancer Has Returned, Future of Series in Doubt