The syndicated fantasy show Legend of the Seeker has apparently been canceled, but fans of the program aren’t giving up on the possibility of a third season. They’re currently organizing a campaign to purchase an ad in a trade publication such as Variety or Hollywood Reporter.
“The purpose of the ad is two-fold,” says Laura Ventura, one of the project organizers. “To thank the cast, crew and all those who made Seeker possible, and to demonstrate to potential networks the depth of the fans’ loyalty.”
Such a full-page ad in Variety would cost $6,244; a half-page ad would cost $3,739. Ventura says that the same ads in Hollywood Reporter may be cheaper.
As of earlier this evening, the effort had already raised $1000.
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Fans Raise $8000 for Ad in VARIETY
- LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Fans Continue to Seek a Third Season for Their Show
- Ad Chosen for “Save Our Seeker” LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Campaign, to Run Friday in VARIETY
- It’s Official: LEGEND OF THE SEEKER Has Been Canceled
- Farewell, LEGEND OF THE SEEKER: A Eulogy